Brian has advised on a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions, with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions across a variety of business and industry sectors, corporate reorganisations and shareholder arrangements. In addition to general compliance and governance issues, Brian has also advised directors during a number of board room disputes. He is an Associate of the Irish Tax Institute and has been admitted to the Roll of Solicitors both in Ireland and in England and Wales.
Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate Reorganisations & Restructuring, Corporate Governance & Compliance, Commercial Contracts, Equity Benefits & Share Incentives, Technology, Intellectual Property, Data Protection.
- Advised a receiver on the sale of a large retirement village and operating company.
- Advised a corporate client on the sale of a portfolio of hotels.
- Advised an international investor on the acquisition of an Irish company holding majority interests in a large portfolio of start-up companies.
- Advised a corporate client on its acquisition of certain assets and contracts from a vendor company in the security sector.
- Advised directors in a number of board room disputes, including the contentious removal of a number of directors.
- Advised clients on a number of complex, multi-jurisdictional reorganisations, often comprising various distributions, solvent liquidations and share capital reductions.
- Advised a corporate client in defending warranty and indemnity claims, achieving a satisfactory outcome for the client.
- Advised a corporate client throughout the tendering of a large services contract, which involved a number of competitive bidders.